Five readers sent in solutions to the Logic Puzzle from the other day. They are (in order in which they sent the e-mail)
- Isaac Moses (Isaac’s solution — spreadsheet).
- Larry D’Agostino ( Larry’s solution — spreadsheet).
- Hakan Kjellerstrand (Hakan’s solution: constraint program)
- Pierre Schaus (Pierre’s solution : constraint program)
- Joao Natali (Joao’s solution: constraint program).
For those interested in more logic puzzles as well as solution techniques, see the following websites provided by my daughter Jenn. The fourth one has a word puzzle like that of my previous post.
Incidentally, the ease for solving it using Constraint Programming makes me think that Constraint Programming should be considered a fundamental tool in the OR toolkit.